The overarching objective of this role is to assist the Commercial team in assisting the planning, purchasing and delivery of raw materials, maintain supply levels of purchased stock and raw materials as well as reviewing current and sourcing new suppliers whilst identifying cost saving opportunities.
Who we are?
We have a reputation for providing quality new homes and exceptional customer experience. Every aspect of the location, design and specification of our homes is carried out with good attention to detail and the utmost care. In order to achieve this, we rely on the commitment and effectiveness of our employees. In return we provide a working environment that offers autonomy, support and opportunity. We are a five-star builder and were awarded Business of the Year 2019 by the Express and Star.
What will the role involve?
Responsible for assisting the planning, purchasing and delivery of raw materials, maintain supply levels of purchased stock and raw materials as well as reviewing current and sourcing new suppliers whilst identifying cost saving opportunities.
- Supporting buyers with technical aspects of buying
- Scheduling and setting up bulk orders
- Adhere to processes and procedures in a consistent manner
- Administration of rebate schemes
- Prepare tender enquiry packs, tender lists and send out tender enquiries for materials and services from suppliers
- Identifying potential suppliers and new products
- Contacting a range of suppliers and sub‐contractors to obtain quotations
- Agreeing delivery times
- Keeping detailed records and maintaining well‐organised work schedules
- Dealing effectively with challenges with suppliers and the flow of materials
- Ensuring compliance with the safety, health and environment requirements of materials and services
- Support with preparing and maintaining cost reports in order to maximise efficiency within the business
- Support the commercial team with preparing site budgets
- Assist in controlling and producing a full material pre-start budget for sign off
- Manage general daily order requirements from site and handle resolution of monthly invoice queries
- Regularly attend team meetings and site visits to ensure the production team have the procurement support required and support them in managing any discrepancies
- Assisting with hired plant requirements, monitoring and reporting
- Policing and enforcing specification adherence
- Review tender drawings and input to any amends required or raise any queries
- Produce regular reports and data input into the Company’s construction specific software system (COINS)
- Supporting the Commercial team with general administration
What we expect from you?
- Demonstrate the company values and use the Cameron Way to guide behaviours
- Passion for our homes and products
- Professional and knowledgeable with the ability to build trust and credibility with people and suppliers
- Commercial accumen and ability to source products in cost effective way
- Cost awareness and ability to support the Chief Buyer in managing, reporting and providing commentary on budgets
- Strong commercial acumen, experience gained from a Commercial role within the house building industry
How will your career develop?
We will discuss with you how you want your career to develop and will provide the support you need. You will be setting objectives that will provide clarity and purpose and a development plan that provides the right level of development for you at your stage of your career. You will be joining a company that develops individuals careers, provides all the necessary support within a culture that has strong family values.
You will be rewarded generously for your contribution. You will be paid a market rate salary and will receive an annual bonus based upon the Company meeting its targets. You will receive a benefits package that is competitive within the industry and receive all the training and development you need.
Cameron Homes Limited is committed both to promoting equality and diversity in the Company and to Equal Opportunities in employment. The Company believes in equality regardless of race or racial group (including colour, nationality, ethnicity, national origins) religion, caste or belief, age, disability, gender, gender identity, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, marriage and civil partnerships, surrogacy, adoption and parental rights. This includes any incidents of perceptive or associate discrimination and harassment.