Working in the technical team this role will support with all Engineering aspects of specific development sites, coordinating efficiently to ensure timely and accurately delivery of development sites.
Who we are?
We have a reputation for providing quality new homes and exceptional customer experience. Every aspect of the location, design and specification of our homes is carried out with good attention to detail and the utmost care. In order to achieve this, we rely on the commitment and effectiveness of our employees. In return we provide a working environment that offers autonomy, support and opportunity. We are a five-star builder and were awarded Business of the Year 2019 by the Express and Star.
Formed in 1993, we have grown to a business employing over 150 people with a turnover of £100m. We have ambitious, sustainable growth targets and by 2021 our aim is to achieve £105m. Despite our growth, we remain true to our values - a family run business that promotes giving people real responsibility, acting on initiative and caring for the wellbeing of our employees. Our head office and Central regional office is in Chasetown and we have offices in Shrewsbury and Droitwich.
What will the role involve?
Working with the Senior Technical Coordinator and Technical Manager, this role will assist with all technical aspects of specific development sites, coordinating efficiently and accurately evaluating key information to ensure timely and accurately delivery of development sites.
Key role responsibilities
- Assist in the procurement of working drawings and detailed design information ensuring that these conform to the site planning permission, building regulations, NHBC standards, warranty and other statutory requirements.
- Tendering and commissioning of consultants reports and utilising the information provided
- Ensure all design information is completed and issued to the relevant internal and external departments in accordance with the agreed pre-commencement programme
- Ensure the discharge of planning conditions in a timely manner to achieve agreed start on site date
- Ensure that Section 106 or other planning obligations are complied with and notices served
- Submit Building Regulation and Warranty applications
- Ensure the discharge of Building Regulation and Warranty conditions in a timely manner
- Lead on the application and appointment for new site supplies including any diversionary works
- Agree and coordinate new servicing routes for new site supplies
- Manage the requirement for new easements or wayleaves through to legal completion
- Issuing MPRN and MPAN numbers, appointing gas and electric suppliers and managing supplier rebate
- Develop a strong working relationships with key utility companies and suppliers
- Maintain NHBC, Planning and Service Trackers
- Preparation of the development Construction Specification
- Checking and signing off suppliers’ information – kitchens, heating, floor beams, joists, stairs, trusses etc
- Manage clear and concise handovers to commercial, site, sales and legal teams
- Provide accurate sales centre and compound layouts for the site and sales team
- Management of Drawing Register and Information issue
- Co-ordination of SAP ratings and EPC’s
- Manage the preparation of deed plans for plot sales and transfer of managed areas
- Apply for and secure statutory authorities’ approval of design and requisite consents
- Attending and contributing to the development team meetings
- Contribution to commercial suitability and economy in design
- Resolution of daily queries within the development team
- Hitting key dates and deadlines
What kind of person are we looking for?
- Demonstrates development, technical engineering and architectural knowledge to identify issues and suggest solutions to resolve them
- Knowledge and appreciation of UK building regulations and health and safety regulations within the industry
- Shows commercial awareness and contribution to value engineering
- Engineering experience/qualifications is desirable but not essential
- Builds relationships with Commercial and Production to ensure the right support is offered to meet build targets
- Passion for our homes, products and people
- Good communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to communicate with people at all levels both internal and external to the business
- Demonstrates the Cameron Way values and appreciates the benefits of the values
How will your career develop?
We will discuss with you how you want your career to develop and will provide the support you need. You will be setting objectives that will provide clarity and purpose and a development plan that provides the right level of development for you at your stage of your career. You will be joining a company that develops individuals careers, provides all the necessary support within a culture that has strong family values.
You will be rewarded generously for your contribution. You will be paid a market rate salary and will receive an annual bonus based upon the Company meeting its targets. You will receive a benefits package that is competitive within the industry and receive all the training and development you need.
Cameron Homes Limited is committed both to promoting equality and diversity in the Company and to Equal Opportunities in employment. The Company believes in equality regardless of race or racial group (including colour, nationality, ethnicity, national origins) religion, caste or belief, age, disability, gender, gender identity, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, marriage and civil partnerships, surrogacy, adoption and parental rights. This includes any incidents of perceptive or associate discrimination and harassment.