This role will manage and be accountable for all ledgers, ensuring the tasks are being done in a timely, accurate manner with robust procedures developed and implemented. Leading a team of ledger clerks ensuring that all members of the team are performing at the required level, continually developing and supported in their role
Who we are?
We have a reputation for providing quality new homes and exceptional customer experience. Every aspect of the location, design and specification of our homes is carried out with good attention to detail and the utmost care. In order to achieve this, we rely on the commitment and effectiveness of our employees. In return we provide a working environment that offers autonomy, support and opportunity. We are a five-star builder and were awarded Business of the Year 2019 by the Express and Star.
What will the role involve?
This role will manage and be accountable for all ledgers, ensuring the tasks are being done in a timely, accurate manner with robust procedures developed and implemented. Leading a team of ledger clerks ensuring that all members of the team are performing at the required level, continually developing and supported in their role.
Key role responsibilities
- Lead, motivate, communicate with, develop, appraise and performance manage staff to ensure they are fully motivated to achieve best performance to meet the Company’s objectives
- Responsible for ensuring all ledger tasks are being done in a timely and accurate manner, in line with deadlines. Including Purchase Ledger, Sales Ledger, Subcontract Ledger, Cashbook & Payroll
- Accountable for processing BACS payments for authorisation by Financial Controller
- Back up for holiday/sickness cover for processing Payroll/Subcon Ledger payments & Cashbook postings
- Ensuring subcontractor payments are made to the timetable on a fortnightly and monthly basis
- Responsible for verifying subcontractor certificates VAT treatment prior to being posted
- Work closely with the purchase ledger team to ensure purchase ledger queries & registered invoices are regularly monitored and actioned
- Coordination and production of balance sheet rec for Cashbook, VAT, CIS, PAYE and all payroll accounts
- Ensure HMRC compliance, and that returns & payments are complete and paid to correct time scales
- Producing P11d’s
- Monthly Purchase Ledger Review with Purchase Ledger Supervisor.
- Ensuring payroll year end returns are completed in a timely manner
- Preparation of CIS reconciliation, return & payment
- Responsible to managing the cashbook
- Ensuring correct treatment of VAT postings
- Ensure Purchase ledger statement reconciliation audits are done
- Implement online bank reconciliation with assistance with COINS personnel
- Responsible for ensuring all monies held on customer reservations/options is accurate and against live reservations
- Tracking and chasing Help to Buy monies owed to the business
- Tracking and communicating to correct people Housing Association retention monies
- Driving new ways of working, continually improve the ledger function’s processes and procedures
- Responsible for raising sales ledger invoices, reviewing the sales ledger items and informing the correct people to chase payment
- Providing assistance in year end audit
- Other Ad hoc tasks
What we expect from you?
- Must have a proven record of managing a team of accounts ledger staff, minimum of 3 years’ experience in House Building
- High level of understanding of VAT treatment in Construction
- High level of understanding around all HMRC payments, PAYE, CIS, NI, Class 1 A & autoenrollment pension rules
- Able to work to strict deadlines whilst maintaining accuracy
- Contribute as a Manager, role model the company values and use the Cameron Way to guide behaviours
- Passion for our homes, products and developing a team of people
- Drive and enthusiasm to lead a high performing team with the right procedures and processes in place
- Professional and knowledgeable with the ability to build trust and credibility with people
- Have a keen eye for detail and to be able to be flexible and prioritise own work load
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to communicate with people at all levels both internal and external to the business
How will your career develop?
We will discuss with you how you want your career to develop and will provide the support you need. You will be setting objectives that will provide clarity and purpose and a development plan that provides the right level of development for you at your stage of your career. You will be joining a company that develops individuals careers, provides all the necessary support within a culture that has strong family values.
You will be rewarded generously for your contribution. You will be paid a market rate salary and will receive an annual bonus based upon the Company meeting its targets. You will receive a benefits package that is competitive within the industry and receive all the training and development you need.
Cameron Homes Limited is committed both to promoting equality and diversity in the Company and to Equal Opportunities in employment. The Company believes in equality regardless of race or racial group (including colour, nationality, ethnicity, national origins) religion, caste or belief, age, disability, gender, gender identity, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, marriage and civil partnerships, surrogacy, adoption and parental rights. This includes any incidents of perceptive or associate discrimination and harassment.