This role will assist with the management of all Engineering aspects of specific development sites, coordinating efficiently and accurately evaluating key information to ensure timely and accurate delivery of development sites.
Who we are?
We have a reputation for providing quality new homes and exceptional customer experience. Every aspect of the location, design and specification of our homes is carried out with good attention to detail and the utmost care. In order to achieve this, we rely on the commitment and effectiveness of our employees. In return we provide a working environment that offers autonomy, support and opportunity. We are a five-star builder and were awarded Business of the Year 2019 by the Express and Star.
What will the role involve?
Working with the Engineering Manager, Assistant Engineers and Development Managers this role will assist with the management of all Engineering aspects of specific development sites, coordinating efficiently and accurately evaluating key information to ensure timely and accurately delivery of development sites. Working closely with all other disciplines where necessary ensuring cost effective, value engineered, and buildable designs are provided at all times.
Key role responsibilities
- Assist Engineering Manager where required with the completion of land Due Diligence process for engineering aspects
- Assist Engineering Manager where required with the commission of engineering appraisal for site including levels, SUD’s, Drainage and roads
- Assist Engineering Manager where required with the reviewing and reporting on existing available information
- Production of constraints plan
- Assist Engineering Manager where required with the commission/review of foundation solution
- Assist Engineering Manager where required with the commission/review of Highways access appraisal including verification of S278 works and vis splays
- Assist Engineering Manager where required with the review of Ground report if available and reporting on further works required
- Assist Engineering Manager where required with the services capacity analysis and Point of connection requirements
- Assist Engineering Manager where required with the verification of requirement/budget figures for diversionary works or abnormal service infrastructure
- Assist in providing Fee budget for consultant fee tracker
- Engage and work with consultants where necessary
- Responsibility for overseeing development programmes, ensuring information is provided in a timely manner to enable the Company to meet its delivery programmes
- Support the verification and appointment of planning stage consultants, management and issuing documentation to support planning application including FRA, Drainage strategy, Engineering Strategy, and other reports as necessary
- Assist Engineering Manager where required with the Completion of road layout and drive layout designs to verify tracking and spatial requirement to meet local authority and building regulation approval
- Assist Engineering Manager where required with the obtaining of service infrastructure information for inclusion in planning application such as Substation, Gas governor or pump station locations
- Assist Engineering Manager where required with the obtaining of supplemental ground investigation reports
- Instruction of Consultant design team for Civil, substructure and foundation designs
- Obtain and value engineer detailed design drawings/information for S38, S104, S185, S278 or other technical approval submissions.
- Manage and obtain technical approvals for S38, S104, S185, S278 or other technical approval requirements
- Assist in adoption process of S38, S104, S184, S278 or other agreements where required
- Maintain Bond tracker
- Apply for and obtain S106 sewer connection permits and water course consents
- Obtain and value engineer foundation and substructure designs
- Engineering input through life cycle of sites
- Ensure cost effective, buildable and value engineered designs at all times
- Work closely with Technical, Commercial and Production teams throughout the life cycle of the site to ensure timely and cost-effective development sites
- Attend meetings as and when required
- Instruction of supplemental ground report and validation reports if required
- Handover of Civil and structural engineering designs and information to Technical, Commercial and Production teams
- Coach, support, and training of Co-ordinator’s and Assistant engineers
- Assist with the management and production of drawing register and information issue
What kind of person are we looking for?
- Extensive experience of engineering issues eg roads and sewers, foundations, land drainage, utilities etc. Seeks solutions on how to resolve them independently using own initiative and knowledge
- A high degree of commercial awareness
- Strong knowledge and appreciation of UK building regulations and health and safety regulations within the industry
- Evaluates technical challenges, finds solutions, relies on their knowledge and the knowledge of their team to source the best possible outcome
- Meets build programmes using robust technical processes and procedures
- Strong relationships with Land, Commercial and Production to ensure the right support is offered to meet build targets
- Expert understanding of what local authorities will and will not pass through planning, constantly driving the technical process with a close eye on timescales
- Passion for our homes and products
- Professional and knowledgeable with the ability to build trust and credibility with people
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to communicate with people at all levels both internal and external to the business
- Ability to coach, support and share knowledge with the team
- Demonstrates the ability to embrace the Cameron values; Pride, Passion, Ambition and Family and seeks opportunities to develop in their role and values teamwork.
How will your career develop?
We will discuss with you how you want your career to develop and will provide the support you need. You will be setting objectives that will provide clarity and purpose and a development plan that provides the right level of development for you at your stage of your career. You will be joining a company that develops individuals careers, provides all the necessary support within a culture that has strong family values.
You will be rewarded generously for your contribution. You will be paid a market rate salary and will receive an annual bonus based upon the Company meeting its targets. You will receive a benefits package that is competitive within the industry and receive all the training and development you need.
Cameron Homes Limited is committed both to promoting equality and diversity in the Company and to Equal Opportunities in employment. The Company believes in equality regardless of race or racial group (including colour, nationality, ethnicity, national origins) religion, caste or belief, age, disability, gender, gender identity, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, marriage and civil partnerships, surrogacy, adoption and parental rights. This includes any incidents of perceptive or associate discrimination and harassment.