As an Assistant Surveyor, you will be supporting the wider commercial function when assisting in the delivery of: - enhanced estimating systems, greater cost control, removing duplication and generally encouraging a more pro-active commercial approach. This will be achieved through you helping to embed and implement efficient ways of working, standardised processes, new I.T. software tools, whilst playing a role in the training and roll out of these initiatives.
Who we are?
We have a reputation for providing quality new homes and exceptional customer experience. Every aspect of the location, design and specification of our homes is carried out with good attention to detail and the utmost care. In order to achieve this, we rely on the commitment and effectiveness of our employees. In return we provide a working environment that offers autonomy, support and opportunity. We are a five-star builder and were awarded Business of the Year 2019 by the Express and Star.
What will the role involve?
Reporting into the Commercial Manager you will have a close working relationship with the land and pre-construction team, namely through estimating systems. In addition, you will be required to be flexible and adapt your approach when working with both internal I.T. for new software QAT and external providers in collaborating together, in bringing the best solutions into our business.
You would be performing regular analytical objectives on areas such as build cost movements and KPI’s. Furthermore, helping to collate reports for issue to the wider business in highlighting companywide trends and areas for potential improvement.
Key role responsibilities
- Support the commercial aspect of new land opportunities where required
- Play a key role in establishing standard material & labour quantities for the portfolio range
- Assist in helping to introduce a system based professional fee tracker
- Assist in introducing a standardised take off and measurement tool
- Assist in helping to perform maintenance of estimating templates
- Play a key role in collating data for build cost analysis reports
- Distribute commercial reports in a timely manner
- Champion the training and roll out guidance for new tools and software to the delivery team
- Look to challenge the status quo and current ways of working to continue to identify improvements
- Supporting the delivery team through the preparation of standardised tender documents
- Assist in the formulation of standardised trade specifications and list of inclusions
- Assist in helping to introduce a self-billing payment solution into the business
- Testing and helping to introduce a CVR solution into the business, which is linked to procurement and generates standard reports
What we expect from you?
- Forward thinking and self-motivated
- The want to make an impact and see beyond immediate challenges
- Good communication skills, commercial acumen, and deadline management
- Flexibility to perform within multiple workstreams
- Ability to get involved with other disciplines such as land, technical & I.T.
- Analytical skills with attention to numerical detail
- Abilitiy to identify any workstream / initiative risks and highlight to Commercial Manager
- Proactive and measured approach to problem solving
- Demonstrate the Cameron way
How will your career develop?
We will discuss with you how you want your career to develop and will provide the support you need. You will be setting objectives that will provide clarity and purpose and a development plan that provides the right level of development for you at your stage of your career. You will be joining a company that develops individuals careers, provides all the necessary support within a culture that has strong family values.
You will be rewarded generously for your contribution. You will be paid a market rate salary and will receive an annual bonus based upon the Company meeting its targets. You will receive a benefits package that is competitive within the industry and receive all the training and development you need.
Cameron Homes Limited is committed both to promoting equality and diversity in the Company and to Equal Opportunities in employment. The Company believes in equality regardless of race or racial group (including colour, nationality, ethnicity, national origins) religion, caste or belief, age, disability, gender, gender identity, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, marriage and civil partnerships, surrogacy, adoption and parental rights. This includes any incidents of perceptive or associate discrimination and harassment.